MagicNav is a trip planner and group tracker for theme park guests, in this case, specifically Disneyland*.
Initial research and inspiration:
- 27% of families that visit an amusement park lose a child while they are there.
- The average visitor walks 9 miles over the course of a day, many extra miles due to being lost.
- 15 million people visit the park every year, with an average of 40,000 a day
- Locate children and other group members while at the park using RFID and GPS technology
- Locate characters for autographs and photo souvenirs
- Customized Park Day Planner
- strategic ride plans based on group ages and wait times as well as location within the park.
Click through for more images.
*The use of the Disneyland brand was for academic purposes only.